THE 2022 SEASON begins on May 19th – weather permitting!
Admission to the farm is $10 per person. Children between 3 and 6, $5.00, and under 2 are free.
Please purchase your TICKETS through our ticketing manager, we do not sell tickets at the gate. Appointments are 1 to 1.5 hour long depending upon the date and time you select. So long as parking is available for the next appointment, you may visit longer than your scheduled time. If parking is full, we ask that you limit your visit to the time alloted for your appointment.
We offer 4 ways to get your flower fix!
FIRST – YOU pick! Select, cut, & arrange the flowers YOU love, just the way YOU want them. It’s all about YOU! This option is ideal for DIYers and gardeners who love to spend time among the blooms but don’t want to cut from their own manicured gardens. You provide the garden snips and design flair – we provide the flowers, container, and cut & care instructions. The harvest cup is estimated to hold 9 stems of just sunflowers up to 30 stems of assorted flowers depending on the blooms YOU pick. The cup price includes a packet of flower food and ONE premium bloom of your choice depending on what is in season. Premium blooms include lilies, dahlias, peonies, roses, lisianthus, callas (up to 5), or thirty (30) stems of lavender. You may add additional premiun blooms priced per stem.
$25 for the first cup, extra cups are $20 each
The harvest cup is included in the price so there is no need to bring a container.
Please note that we do not allow any glass containers in the fields.
Veterans and Active Military receive a 20% discount off pick your own harvest cups.
SECOND – we offer precut and conditioned bouquets in a variety of sizes, priced as marked. Perfect for anyone who prefers the ready to go package.
THIRD – we offer the Farmer’s Choice Bucket O’Blooms
Choose Romantic, Eclectic, or Country style buckets
This option is perfect for anyone planning an event needing multiple arrangements such as a wedding, anniversary party, or business event. Depending upon the flowers available, a bucket will contain between 75 to 100 stems which is enough to create 5 to 7 arrangements.
$125 per bucket
Romantic Style buckets may include lisianthus, dahlias or lilies and fragrant greenery
Eclectic Style buckets may contain unusual blooms like drumstick allium, pods, or grasses and statement structural items like gladioli, and fruiting or flowering branches for creating large arrangements.
Country Style buckets will definitely contain sunflowers, zinnias, and many of your cottage favorites!
We also offer the option to select color themes or specific flowers – pricing for color or flower choice buckets varies by the flowers selected. A 50% non-refundable deposit is due 4 weeks before harvest.
Please note that the flowers are a natural product and still limited by availability. We will do our best to provide the blooms requested but reserve the right to substitute as necessary.
FOURTH – we offer seasonal Bouquet Subscriptions
This option is perfect for gifting – yourself or that special someone in your life! Subscriptions are available, first come first served for Mother’s Day, Christmas, and in September for the following year.
Gift cards are also available!
What to Bring or Wear
- Bug Repellent. We are a pollinator and wildlife friendly farm. You will definitely see birds, bees and butterflies; you may also encounter wasps, spiders, mosquitos, and ticks.
- Closed toe shoes or boots. High heels, sandals or flip-flops are not recommended. The ground on the farm can be soft, rocky, muddy, or uneven. And even a tiny garden snake may bite if stepped on. If you have special shoes planned for photographs, we recommend carrying them until needed.
- Sunscreen. We have shaded woodland areas and tables setup up with shade umbrellas, but the flowers are in open fields full of sunshine. Picking flowers can be surprisingly hot work!
- Water bottles. We have a water cooler available in our in our shop, but it is best to keep hydrated in the field.
- Floral scissors, clippers or by-pass style pruners to cut your flowers. If you plan to cut sunflowers, a by-pass style pruner is recommended over small clippers. We do have a few pairs of blunt tipped children’s scissors if you forget.
- Camera. We love to see our customers’ pictures! Please feel free to tag us on Instagram at #graystemfarmflowers
What to Leave Behind
- All your cares and stresses!
- Glass containers are prohibited in the parking area, trails, and flower fields. If you are visiting the farm to pick flowers, the harvest cup is part of the bouquet price.
- Cigarettes, cigars, pipes, etc. Smoking (and vaping) anywhere on the property is prohibited and this includes parking areas. Fire safety is a priority!
- Pets. We know this is a hard one, our pets are part of our family too. Because our farm is home to working dogs, barn cats, chickens, and rabbits, we cannot permit guest animals except for working service dogs on a short (4 foot) lead and under the owner’s control at all times. Any dog that is out of control, marking plants, defecating anywhere, harassing our animals, or other guests, will be asked to leave the farm. No exceptions.
What is there to do on the Farm?
- Pick flowers of course!
- Take pictures – most of our visitors are here for the lavender or sunflowers, but we also have some photo props and magical woodland areas too. We ask that you respect private areas of the farm, neighboring homes, and the privacy of other guests. No drones please.
- Bring a blanket or yoga mat and stretch
- Play a round or two of cornhole
- Painted Kindness Rocks – find some or leave some
- Pet the Bunnies – sometimes we have young rabbits out in a pen to socialize. Feel free to pet the bunnies, but please do not pick them up. They are still young and fragile. If you would like a photo opportunity with a bunny, please let us know and we are happy to assist.
- Sample and Shop! We have a rotating stock of floral goodies in our shop. Fresh rainbow eggs too!
- Learn something new and enjoy one of our workshops.